Sunday, June 6, 2010

THE TEA HOUSE ON LOS RIOS

Has anyone ever been to this tea house? It is quite a setting, let me tell ya. It was the perfect place to host a bridal shower and I was delighted to have been invited to this party. It's a really charming cottage-like tea house located in Los Rios Historic District across the train tracks at the San Juan Capistrano Train Station. We were seated outside on the porch surrounded by the garden. We didn't notice but there was a hummingbird nest right over our table as pointed out to us by the server. People say it's good luck when you have a bird's nest in your house. Our server very informative, gave us a history of the place and she was also super friendly. There's plenty to do on this street, antique shops, petting zoo and playground for children but I didn't get to see anything else besides this tea house. If you wanted to, I think you can take the metrolink there. We had two different types of teas: Chamomile and gunpowder (green tea). I thought both were excellent. I think the mission tea is what we had. It was a whole lot of food for an afternoon function. I ate EVERYTHING..Yep. It was all very tasty. I really like the currant scone and I'd like to make a scone like this someday. Think maybe I can find this secret recipe online..?? Dream on right??

The Mission Tea
garden fresh salad, assorted Finger Sandwiches, freshly baked currant scone with our own Famous Early California Cream & preserves, fresh fruit accompanied by cream and brown sugar. Your choice of one of our handmade delectable desserts. Your selection of tea.

http://www.theteahouseonlosrios.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment