Saturday, June 5, 2010

Apple Tart and Rice Krispies Treats





Here's a relatively healthier alternative to some previous recipes. I didn't have a tart pan so I made it free form as recommended by Krystin. Making the dough is always a little scary for me because I don't know if it's going to be too sticky or flaky or if it's going to fall apart when I handle it too much. So when making this I was very careful and followed directions exactly as written. The dough was very easy to work with and I was quite surprised by my own abilities. Next time, I'd like to make a pie crust from scratch. Stay tuned for more!

Oh and I also made rice krispies Treats which is a family favorite snack. I was going to have some fun with this by cutting into different shapes with cookie cutters but ran out of time.



http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/11/simplest-apple-tart/

No comments:

Post a Comment