Friday, June 11, 2010

Apple Pie


I have become much more comfortable with making pie crusts these days. So what's left to do? Of course I have to make an apple pie! I've always wanted to make a pie from scratch, the crust and all. But I have been sort of avoiding this because the thought of flouring the counter, rolling the dough out and getting messy turns me away. Sometimes it's just not worth it to go through all that cleaning afterward. But then again what fun would it be without a little mess right? After debating back and forth, I decided to go ahead with it. I actually had a good reason this time for making the pie. The hubby had a meeting and we promised to provide dessert. This was the first apple pie made solely by me. Well, I did get some help with peeling and slicing the apples and that really helped out because again I was running late to work. Don't want to lose my job over this baking obsession. I used a recipe found from allrecipe for making the crust and followed Martha Stewart's recipe for the filling. For baking instructions, I went with the one on allrecipe. I didn't have that much time, so I used the shortest baking time possible. It still turned out really well. This was one delicious pie, nothing tastes better than a fresh baked pie with some vanilla ice cream. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment