Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lemon Bars




I didn't know how long this would take to make so I sort of procrastinated until last thursday. Since I was going to be late to work anyway from going to the airport, I thought what the heck. I was really amazeda at how easy this was to put together. While this was baking in the oven, I ate my lunch. Once I was done eating, dessert was ready. This was an amazing treat. I'd make it again. Everyone who had a taste really liked it. Thanks again Kristyn for sharing. Next will be apple tart.


Lemon Bars
Part: 1
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
1 pinch of salt


Mix above ingredients and pat into a 9x12 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


Part II
4 beaten eggs
5 tbsp flour
6 tbsp lemon juice (meyer lemons if you can get them, they're sweeter. But always use fresh lemons!)
2 cups sugar
grated rind of one lemon


Mix above ingredients and pour over Part I. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment