Sunday, July 11, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting




Don't these look scrumptious? I made these for the July birthdays at work. I was not feeling 100% that day but didn't want to not keep my promise. I only tasted 1/2 of one and didn't crave for anymore. Everyone at work really liked the taste. They especially liked the cream cheese frosting. I did reduce the amount of sugar added to the frosting (used 1 cup only) and substituted sour cream for 2 TBSP of my homemade yogurt for that extra tart. Even though this is a great recipe, I won't necessarily make it again or will I ever buy a red velvet cake just because there's so much food coloring added to it. I am not exactly sure how food coloring affects our body but I'd rather keep its use to a minimum if I can control it. I found this from all recipes and it has the highest ratings compared to the other ones.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/red-velvet-cupcakes-3/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment