Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake



Today, I had quite a task on hand making this chocolate peppermint cupcake from scratch. The cake part for easy to follow and make. The most exciting part of this chocolate recipe was the 1 cup of coffee that I added. I also made the filling made of white Chocolate Peppermint Ganache. The most labor intensive was crushing the peppermint candy into bits. Actually, I had some help with this step :)This didn't turn out so great. Was a little too thick so I had to thin it down with the heavy cream. For the frosting, I made this Mint Swiss Meringue Buttercream. It was amazing what an electric mixer can do. I used it to whip the egg white and sugar into a white light fluff. I was in awe as I watched this happen before my eyes. For a moment I felt like a kid again. I really enjoyed this step the most but it gets a little messy for me. Cleaning up was not fun at all. The last thing I did was pipe the frosting over the cupcakes using my new decorating kit. However, this didn't turned out as nicely as I would have liked. Doesn't look professional yet. I am working on perfecting my decorating techniques. One day, my cupcakes will look store bought. That is the plan...and will have pictures to show for it too.
Here's where I got this recipe: http://www.beantownbaker.com/2008/12/chocolate-peppermint-cupcakes_26.html

No comments:

Post a Comment