Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Chance and Ty!


In preparation for this afternoon's birthday party in Chance's class, I baked 36 blueberry muffins and this time I didn't leave out the sugar. I know those little ones; they won't eat it if it's not sweet enough. To make the muffins more visually appealing, I added blueberry frosting (homemade) and the color turns out light purple. Thanks to the internet, I found my recipe there. I sort of modified the ingredients a little for the right consistency and sweetness. Since the frosting requires some heavy duty mixing, I used the KitchenAid stand mixer for it (thank goodness!).

I wanted to have some sort of a train theme to this, so I went online for some ideas and found this. A train made out of cookies (Graham crackers and sandwich cookies)glued together with frosting and the muffins go on the train. I used James as the engine. All of this is assembled on a green (to resemble grass on sodor island) project board with railroad tracks made out of black construction paper. Then I placed the muffins on the train. I'll try to upload a picture on here to show you.
This is where I got the idea from:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/centerstagestudios/3872300203/

It was so nice to see how the kids in Chance's class loved it. They couldn't wait to get their hands on the train! So cute. I am glad everything turned out and everyone enjoyed their muffin. This is my motivation to bake more!

No comments:

Post a Comment