Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baking Baking Baking! All morning Long.



Today, I was ambitious and got to bake lots of goodies for this weekend's big day. First off, I made 12 relatively healthy sugarless blueberry muffins with lemon yogurt icing. I omitted the oil in the recipe and substituted it with applesauce. This turned out great except for the fact that some muffin was stuck to the liner. Maybe next time, I will use a little bit of oil.

Next, I made coconut macaroons (about 2 dozens) of these. This was my first time and it was not that difficult. While these macaroons were in the oven baking, I started the chocolate chip cookies (make about 5 dozens) with the instructions on the nestle tollhouse packaging.

I took a short break only to have lunch. Lunch was leftover noodle soup... still very delicious. I was debating if I should make something else. Of course I was, I always try to maximize my time by squeezing as much in as possible. I managed to make brownies again, this time from scratch using the mini muffin bakeware. It worked out perfectly and tasted really really moist. It didn't look like it would keep til sunday, so I brought it in to work to share with everyone and people loved it. Because I was in such a hurry to get everything done, I didn't stop for a second to take any pictures of my creations. Too bad :( Here's where I got the recipe from....http://www.whiskblog.com/2008/06/brownie-pops.html

In the end, I was late to work but it was all worth it for me.

1 comment:

  1. These brownies were so good, I made them again and got some photos to share.

    ReplyDelete