Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More Sugar Cookies Fun on Saturday at Teresa's Palace








So last saturday, Teresa and I decided to test out different sugar cookies recipes to find the best one for an upcoming baby shower. We also wanted to play around with the marshmallow fondant as well. Teresa forwarded a new sugar cookie and icing recipe prior to our get-together. I made the dough 1 day ahead and brought it over to her house. When I got there, she had already baked some cookies using another recipe. I had one of her cookies and thought the marshmallow was really really soft. Much softer than when I made mine. I was curious how hers came out different than mine eventhough we used the same recipe. Come to find out, she used more powdered sugar than I did. I measured mine out tablespoon by tablespoon and only add when I really needed to for kneading. My dough was very soft and was rather hard to work with. We couldn't figure out why it was so soft. We thought maybe because she's on a hill,the altitute might have something to do with it??? who knows?? Took a little while before we got used to handling the really soft dough. Once we got the hang of it, it went fairly smoothly. Then it was dinner time and we got caught up with preparing dinner. Guess what happened, we completely forgot about the last few cookies still baking in the oven. Boy, you should have seen the smoke coming out of that oven. I did smell something burnt but ignored it because I am used to smelling burnt bread crumbs at home so didn't think anything of it. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you are too distracted. Dinner was delicious, we had gourmet hot dogs and homemade pizzas. I'll have to tell you all about the pizza next time if and when I decide to make it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment