Sunday, May 23, 2010

CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES

Thanks Nga for this amazing cookie recipe. I tried making these and it was absolutely delicious. Toasting the pecans really made a difference and I never on my own would have thought to do that. Great Recipe. I was running late to work and didn't have a second to take some pictures :( Below is the recipe for this and Kristyn, I hope you don't mind sharing this with everyone.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1 stick butter, cold, cut into small pieces
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract - I always add a splash more..it'll make the cookies tastier
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt (I add a bit more b/c I like salty sweet cookies, so add an extra pinch)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped (I buy small pre-chopped pecans but if you prefer, buy whole pecans, toast in a 300 degree oven for 7-10 minutes, but watch them carefully so they don't burn!)

Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300F (150C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.

Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.

Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon (5cm) balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches (10cm) apart, on each of the baking sheets.

Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment