Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pancake Muffins


I was timing myself today to see how much baking I can do within a two hour time frame. I started out with my current favorite recipe which is the brownie made from scratch with chocolate frosting baked in mini muffin pan. This was relatively easy to make and also my second trial. I did cut the frosting recipe in 1/2 because last time, I had leftovers. I don't like to waste if I can help it. As it turned out, 1/2 the recipe was just enough to frost 24 mini brownies. I topped it off with colorful sprinkles. They turned out a slightly bit better than last time as the frosting is pastier/thicker.
While I was waiting for these brownies to cool, I decided to try making the pancake mini muffins with chocolate chips. Again, this was a very easy recipe to follow and it doesn't call for a whole lot of sugar. Because these aren't overly sweet, I was able to eat a lot more that I should. I had two right out of the oven and then had two more after lunch. Yummmmmmy!!
Recipe for pancake muffin is from this website: http://www.bakerella.com/mini-maple-pancake-muffins/

No comments:

Post a Comment